PART THREE OF the ‘Epic’ debate follows our intrepid heroes, Tim Sweeney and Andrew Richards, through the wilds of a GDC conference room, in the heart of the Moscone Center forest. The topic: Graphics hardware and it’s future, programmable or more fixed hardware?
In Episode 3, our group of kind hearted heroes talk about cell-like architectures, chunking data, moving it around buses, and a bit on data locality. In a subtle twist, bits of humor and non-multicultural jokes abound, but sadly fall flat. The lesson from today’s episode? Don’t crack jokes based on cultural norms to people from countries that don’t share said norm. That, and something about graphics.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- What’s going on with Qualcomm’s Oryon SoC? - Sep 26, 2023
- What is the code name for the next Qualcomm laptop SoC? - Sep 19, 2023
- How fast is Qualcomm’s Oryon SoC - Sep 19, 2023
- How is Qualcomm’s Oryon SoC doing? - Sep 12, 2023
- A new player enters the ARM laptop SoC space - Aug 16, 2023