Is Intel’s worst financial nightmare finally coming true? If a recent press release from Altera and Baidu are to be believed, Intel has a right to be scared stiff.
On the surface the release is nothing more than a somewhat obscure HPC technology demo, but the implications are much more serious. As they say, one is a data point, two is a trend. This release is number two, the first was deadly serious enough, and numbers 3-[insert large number here] aren’t talking. Yet.
Note: The following is analysis for professional level subscribers only.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- AMD’s 3D V-Cache takes the advanced packaging lead - Jun 1, 2021
- AMD releases CPUs and GPUs at Computex - May 31, 2021
- Intel’s honesty shows through at Computex 2021 - May 30, 2021
- Qualcomm launches the Snapdragon 7c2 compute platform - May 24, 2021
- Qualcomm announces modem goodies at their 5G Summit - May 19, 2021